Ricotta Spinach Gnocchi with Tomatoes and BocconciniServes
10 MinutesCooking Time
– 320g punnet tomato medley*, halved
– Olive oil spray
– Salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup light olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
– 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– 6 fresh bocconcini, torn into pieces, for serving
– Toasted pine nuts, for serving
– Basil leaves for garnish
*Tomato medley… combination of red, orange & yellow cherry & grape tomatoes, kumato etc...Method
– Place the tomatoes cut side up onto a lined tray, spray with oil & season with salt & pepper. Bake in a moderate oven 180°C /160°C Fan Forced for 8-10 minutes or until just beginning to cook & lightly shrivel.
– Heat the oil in a medium sized non stick frypan. Add the garlic & chilli, & gently sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the balsamic to the pan & simmer for 1 minute, before gently tossing through the tomatoes. Cook gently for a further 1-2 minutes.
– Meanwhile, boil the gnocchi as per pack directions then drain well. Spoon the gnocchi into serving bowls, spoon over the tomatoes & pan juices, then top with bocconcini & pine nuts. Garnish with basil.
– Serve immediately.